Common building glass on the market
Different architectural parts will use different architectural glass. Especially in the application of external windows, because of the transparent lighting and heat resistance of the glass to keep warm. In different occasions, glass with different functions is also needed. Tempered glass, insulating glass, heat-reflective glass and other glass with various functions came into being. Today, SINOY editor will take you to learn about several commonly used architectural glass.
1. Tempered glass
Tempered glass is made by heating float glass to near the softening point in a tempering furnace, and then rapidly and uniformly cooling it, forming uniform compressive stress on its surface, increasing its mechanical strength, and effectively improving the wind pressure and impact resistance of the glass Performance, improve the thermal shock resistance of glass.
Tempered glass is widely used in places that require relatively high mechanical strength and safety. Such as glass doors and windows, building curtain walls, glass furniture, indoor partitions, elevators, furniture, etc.
Performance characteristics of tempered glass
1) Safety: When broken, it splits into small obtuse-angle particles similar to honeycombs, which hardly cause serious harm to the human body. When ordinary glass is broken, it is a sharp large piece of fragments, which is easy to cause serious harm to the human body.
2) High strength: 4-5 times stronger than ordinary glass of the same thickness.
3) Stable heat resistance: With good thermal stability, the temperature that can withstand is about 3 times that of ordinary glass of the same thickness, and it can withstand temperature changes of 200°C. Therefore, it can play a short-term fire prevention effect in the event of a fire.
4) Large interference: 3-4 times larger than ordinary glass of the same thickness. When tempered glass is loaded, its maximum tensile stress is not located on the surface of the glass like ordinary glass, but at the center of the tempered glass plate.
2 Laminated glass
Laminated glass is a composite glass made by sandwiching a tough polyvinyl butyral film (PVB) between two or more pieces of glass, which is made through high temperature and high pressure. Because the toughness of the PVB film is very good, when the laminated glass is violently impacted and broken by an external force, the film layer will absorb a large amount of punching skills and make it attenuate rapidly. Because the laminated glass is difficult to be broken down, even if the laminated glass is broken, the glass The fragments basically adhere to the film, keeping the fragments on the entire laminated glass from falling off, so it becomes the real safety glass.
Laminated glass made of transparent PVB film, its appearance and installation method are basically the same as ordinary glass, and it is durable. It is widely used in building lighting roofs, canopies, high-end curtain walls, doors and windows, shop windows, furniture, elevators, etc.
Performance characteristics of laminated glass
1) Safety: The laminated glass installed on the building is subject to any external impact, even if the glass is broken, it can be kept in the original frame completely, and has a certain function of sheltering from wind and rain.
2) The noise-reducing PVB film has an obstructive effect on sound waves, thereby reducing noise and reducing noise interference at work or home.
3) Anti-ultraviolet rays: Great blocking effect on ultraviolet rays in sunlight (up to 99% or more) and avoid ultraviolet radiation. Therefore, it can protect valuable indoor homes or artworks from fading caused by ultraviolet rays.
4) Bulletproof and explosion-proof: the use of multilayer laminated glass can produce various levels of bulletproof and explosion-proof glass.
5) Security: Because glass cutters cannot be used to effectively cut the installed laminated glass, and the use of other tools to penetrate the laminated glass takes a long time and the sound is loud, it is difficult and easy to enter the room by cutting or breaking the laminated glass. It is found that it has a strong resistance to vicious destruction, theft and violence.
6) Protection against hurricanes and earthquakes: Due to the high toughness and strong adhesion of laminated glass, even if the laminated glass is broken, the fragments will still remain in place. It is more suitable for use in hurricane and earthquake areas.
3 Insulating glass
Insulating glass is a glass product made of two or more pieces of glass separated by a certain width of space with an aluminum frame filled with molecular sieve adsorbent, bonded and sealed with butyl glue, and then sealed with silicone glue or structural glue. Has good sound insulation, heat insulation, heat preservation, anti-condensation and other effects.
Insulating glass is widely used in various building curtain walls, doors and windows, indoor partitions or freezers, etc.
Thickness of insulating glass spacer frame
6mm(6A), 9mm(9A), 12mm(12A), 15mm(15A) 18mm(18A)
21mm(21A) 24mm(24A) 27mm(27A)
Performance and characteristics of insulating glass
1) Sound insulation performance: Insulating glass is an ideal noise insulation material, which can generally reduce the noise by 30 decibels, and filling in inert gas can reduce the noise by about 5 decibels on the original basis.
2) Thermal insulation performance: It can effectively reduce the heat transfer coefficient U value. If filled with inert gas, the heat transfer coefficient can be further reduced.
3) Anti-condensation performance: Since the spacers of the hollow glass are filled with sufficient desiccant, it can effectively absorb the water vapor that may infiltrate the inner cavity and the outside, and ensure that the air in the inner cavity of the hollow glass is absolutely dry. Therefore, it has a good The anti-condensation performance.
4) Its optical performance: thermal conductivity and thermal insulation coefficient are in line with national standards
These are the more common architectural glass on the market,
The above is the report brought by SINOY editor Angus.
Sinoy Mirror, Inc.